We know even despite your best efforts, the wires and bands on your braces may come loose. If this happens, please contact Spannhake Orthodontics as soon as possible so that we can check and repair your appliance.
In the interim, the following are helpful hints to remedy some of the problems you may encounter until you can be seen in our office.
- Poking Wire: If a tie wire is irritating your mouth, cover it with orthodontic wax or tuck it under the archwire using a blunt object like a pencil eraser or a Q-Tip.
- Loose Bracket: A loose band or bracket can generally be left in place until seen in our office. Call the office as soon as you notice a loose band or bracket so we can schedule you to be seen to reattach the loose appliance.
- Broken Archwire: A broken archwire, or one that is irritating the gum or cheek tissue, needs to be seen as soon as possible for replacement or adjustment.
- Bent Appliance: A bent headgear facebow, or removable appliance that is not fitting well, is not to be worn until it can be properly adjusted in our office. Call the office as soon as possible to schedule an appointment to have the facebow or removable appliance adjusted.
- Soreness: Several days of soreness and sensitivity are common following an office visit. If you are experiencing abnormal pain or discomfort please contact our office.
Don't hesitate to reach out to us at (410) 321-5004 in our Towson office or at (410) 857-4700 in our Westminster office immediately if you experience any issue with your braces.
Our office is generally open Monday through Thursday with occasional Fridays. Should you have an emergency after hours or on the weekends, the office recording will give you instructions and provide you with a number to call.