There are several benefits of having properly aligned straight teeth that most people are unaware of. Although a majority of patients who receive orthodontic treatment do so for a more confident and cosmetically attractive smile, having straight teeth can positively impact your overall oral health.
We decided to highlight some benefits of straight teeth, check them out.
Improved Gum Health
- Lower risk of gum disease.
- Lower risk of tooth loss.
- Less tooth decay.
- Lower risk of heart disease.
- Lower risk of high blood sugar.
- Misaligned teeth can push against soft tissues in the mouth.
- Cuts, sores, and infections are a result of crooked teeth.
- More self-esteem at work or school.
- Confidence leads to a more successful attitude.
- Crooked teeth compromise chewing.